- I’m gaining weight again. I think this is mainly due to me accidentally skipping lunches. I get too busy to eat and by the time I realize it, I’m starving. I need to work better at eating on time.
- We’ve gotten a fair amount of sun for the past couple of days. I’ve been sitting in the rocker up in Calvin’s room while I work which allows me to work in copious amounts of sunlight.
- I worked up a proposed 2011 budget for our household and submitted it to Jaeger for review. I think I’ve finally figured out how to get the reports I care about out of GnuCash so I can make intelligent decisions based on past trends.
- I had an amusing conversation with Calvin’s primary teacher at daycare today. She was talking about how Calvin was very smart but because he was so smart, he was harder to handle than the average toddler. For instance, she says that if you give most toddlers a choice between two options, they will chose one of them. This is billed as an easy way to get the toddler to do what you want them to do. However, if Calvin is faced with two options that he doesn’t like, he’ll just say, “no” instead of choosing either one. Also, he has figured out that once lunch is over it’s nap time. So, when asked if he’s done with lunch, he’ll always say “no” even if he’s no longer interested in eating. Obviously, I have mixed feelings about this. It makes life a little more . . . interesting . . . in the short term but it’s also fascinating to watch his potential grow.
- I’ve continued to shred massive amounts of paper. I don’t know where it all comes from. Last night I finally broke down and went through our “medical” folder and subdivided it into 3 different folders in addition to shredding a lot of very old receipts we no longer need. Today, I cleaned up my food shelf in the basement and dumped food that I’m either never going to use or looked kind of sketchy.