Books I’ve finished recently:
- The Shambling Guide to New York City, by Mur Lafferty – Fun urban fantasy book.
- Historical Fiction: Heidegger’s Glasses, by Thaisa Frank – Historical fiction set in Germany during WWII. Good but also, given the subject matter, appropriately disturbing.
- Realistic Fiction: Wildflower Hill, by Kimberley Freeman – This is probably considered “women’s fiction”. It’s the story of how two women, in different time periods, survived. It reminded me how ghastly women’s lives have been in previous time periods that aren’t that long ago.
- Mystery: Fingerprints and Facelifts, by Rick Copp – A fun mystery with a hint, but not too much, of chick lit thrown in.
- Bestseller: Inferno, by Dan Brown – I’m listening to this one. We’ll see if it makes it to the end. I also listened to most of The Da Vinci Code but the book was due and I returned it with about 10 minutes left.
- Poetry: Love Poems, by Nikki Giovanni – I started reading this on the playground today. I’m not sure poetry is suppose to be read in between watching a preschooler run around a playground.
Current Goal Counts:
|Best Sellers||2||1, 1 in progress|
|Biography, Autobiography, Memoir||2||2|
|Fiction Books Jaeger Recommends||2||1|
|Juvenile Books||12||5 and 1 in progress|
|Poetry Anthologies||2||1, 1 in progress|
|Short Story Anthologies||2||2|