As I’ve mentioned before, baby is taking up so much of my thoughts I haven’t been reading nearly as much as usual. However, the upside is I’m reading a bit more short fiction than normal. Below are my Hugo nominations so far. However, I might manage to read a couple more short stories between now and closing time so it might change.
- Ancillary Sword by Ann Leckie (this was probably my favorite of the bunch)
- Lock In by John Scalzi
- Heaven’s Queen by Rachel Bach (frivolous but fun)
- Ghost Train to New Orleans by Mur Lafferty
I would add The Martian by Andy Weir except from what I understand, it isn’t actually eligible since it was successfully (?) self-published first.
- Scale Bright by Benjanun Sriduangkaew
- Each to Each by Seanan McGuire
Best Short Story
- Getting On in Years by Cathy Humble
The John W. Campbell Award (not a Hugo)
- Charlie N. Holmberg (I think she’s eligible)