- Calvin still isn’t sleeping well. Wednesday night he started crying at 10:30. I rocked him in the rocker and would get him back to sleep but the moment I put him in his crib, he woke up and I had to start all over again. It appeared that my options were either to sleep in the rocker the entire night or give bedsharing try. For the record, I would be nervous about bedsharing with an infant. However, Calvin’s now big enough that I didn’t think it would be a problem. Jaeger reconfigured the bed to be snuggly up against a wall and I put Calvin between me and the wall. He was pretty restless the entire night but he didn’t actually cry again. Last night, I was able to start him out in his crib and he slept pretty well until around 5. At that point, he would scream for a couple of minutes and then sleep for several minutes and repeat the process. I don’t know if he was getting any sleep but I certainly wasn’t so I brought him back to bed with us. He didn’t wake up again until Jaeger’s alarm went off. Unfortunately, this completely kills my exercise program. I’m a lighter sleeper than Jaeger and I also think it’s fair to say that I’m more situationally aware of Calvin. Even if I had been getting enough sleep to get up and exercise before Calvin woke up, I’m not sure I would feel comfortable leaving him in the bed. I have taken him on brief walks around the neighborhood in the morning but it’s not quite the same as real exercise.
- I’m participating in a beta Cooking Stack Exchange site. Right now it’s in private beta but it plans to go to public beta in a week. This cooking Q & A site is in the same format as my favorite parenting Q & A site. I like the Stack Exchange format because it seems to create a higher quality of answers than you’ll find in other places. Of course, this sucked up way more of my time today than it should have. I think I should begin to ration my internet usage.
- Calvin is starting to enjoy brushing his teeth. I think it’s because I make funny noises trying to encourage him to tolerate the tooth brush. Recently, he will grab the toothbrush and start brushing his own teeth while mimicking the weird sounds I make. I’m afraid he thinks the weird sounds are an essential part of the tooth brushing experience.
- I worked on organizing more of our financial documents.
- Breakfast – Oatmeal with raisins and soy milk
- Snack – A plum
- Lunch – Triscuits and cheese and 2 chocolate piece
- Dinner – Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli
- Evening Treat – 2 chocolate pieces