- Calvin started waking up around 5am this morning. Around 6 he decided he was completely awake and started screaming nonstop. Jaeger reluctantly got out of bed and started his morning. This was my day to sleep in so I got up around 8 and relieved Jaeger at which point he went back to bed. I really wish Calvin would get up at a consistent 6:30 or so each morning. That would make everything much easier.
- Jaeger got up with Calvin this morning.
- I went clothes shopping at the thrift store while Calvin took his mid-day nap. I didn’t get as much stuff as I need (I have almost no short sleeve shirts that fit) but it was still good to get out of the house. Amazingly, I made it back to the house before Calvin woke up.
- Jaeger, Calvin and I went and got ice cream and then Calvin played in a nearby park. This park had bigger slides than our normal park so I think it’ll be a better fit later on.
- Calvin’s supper consists of three phases: 1) I feed him food which makes sure he gets some calories down. 2) Calvin practices eating chunky finger food and 3) Calvin practices eating applesauce with a spoon. Not surprisingly, #3 is the messiest part. Usually, we conclude supper with stripping off the clothing and going straight into a bath. Today during phase 3 I wasn’t paying as much attention as usual to Calvin. He started out eating with his spoon and then, per his normal custom, he got frustrated with the spoon and started trying to grab handfuls of applesauce and stick it in his mouth. Today, he concluded his meal with grabbing my finger, stirring it around in the applesauce and then sticking it in his mouth. I wasn’t paying too much attention to him so he did this several times before Jaeger pointed it out to me.
- Didn’t do anything today. I really need to start this up again but I never seem to have enough time.
- Breakfast – Whole Wheat Waffle with Peanut Butter and Cherries
- Lunch Snack – A medium sized bowl of Chocolate Mousse Gelato
- Supper – Grillers Stroganoff with mashed potatoes and garlic green beans
- Evening Treat – After Jaeger finishes washing the dishes, I’m making cookies for Jaeger to pack in his lunch. I love cookie dough so probably will snitch way too much of it.