I’ve made some progress on my reading goal.
Books I’ve finished:
- Literature: Life of Pi, by Yann Martel
- Jaeger Recommendations: Old Man’s War, by John Scalzi – pretty good, will probably read the next one
- Juvenile Book: Hatchet, by Gary Paulsen – this is my first Paulsen book and I was pretty impressed by the book
- Best seller: The Innocent, by David Baldacci – an addictive thriller. However, I’m not sure if I’ll read more, it doesn’t lend itself to calmly drifting off to sleep.
- Short Story Anthology: Fragile Things, by Neil Gaiman – still working on this one . . . I think maybe I should give up on the audio version and try reading one story every night. Neil Gaiman, as always, is a great narrator but I’m still having trouble listening to it.
- Juvenile Fiction: Inkheart, by Cornelia Funke – I’m listening to this and I think I might have better luck if I just read it. I’m a couple hours from the end. The story seems compelling but it’s not quite working for me as an audio book.
- Mystery: Buried in a Bog, by Sheila Connolly – I checked this one out because I like listening to cozy mysteries. However, I appear to be having the opposite problem as the two above with this book. I’m about half way through and considering finding a different one. Unfortunately, this book does not appear to be available as an audio book.
I just finished The Innocent and I haven’t decided on my next genre yet. I feel like something different. Maybe I should try a graphic novel . . .
Current Goal Counts:
|Biography, Autobiography, Memoir||2||0|
|Fiction Books Jaeger Recommends||2||1|
|Juvenile Books||12||1 and 1 in progress|
|Mystery||2||1 in progress|
|Short Story Anthologies||2||1 in progress|