Right after I made my goal I read several books within my goal categories. Then December got stressful and I reverted to comfort books and re-reads.
Books I’ve finished recently:
- Bestseller: The Late Show, by Michael Connelly
- Graphic Novel: I Moved to Los Angeles and Worked in Animation, by Natalie Nourigat – I’ve never wanted to work in animation (fortunately) but this was an interesting read and it was particularly fascinating to read the bits about adjusting to moving to LA.
- Juvenile: The False Prince, by Jennifer A. Nielsen – This book was a fun, fast read.
- YA: Catfishing on Catnet, Naomi Kritzer – This was delightful. It was uplifting and funny even while discussing scary topics.
- Juvenile: Minor Mage, by T. Kingfisher – I bought this one on a whim because it’s by T. Kingfisher and I enjoyed the first paragraph. In the acknowledgements T. Kingfisher says she thinks it’s a juvenile novel and I agree so that’s how I’m categorizing it.
- Memoir: Paris in Love, by Eloisa James – This book has a nice and chatty tone that I listened to while making suppers.
- Graphic Novel: Giant Days, by John Allison – This was the start of a series and, if I remember, I’ll read more in the series.
- Poetry: The Princess Saves Herself in This One, by Amanda Lovelace – Poetry isn’t something I naturally pick up. However, I really enjoyed this one and ended up buying a physical copy.
I’m currently in the middle of reading two short story anthologies so I might be able to cross that goal off soon. However, it’s slow reading because even if I like the individual stories, the lack of an ongoing plot means I don’t feel any urgency to continue after I finish each chapter.
Current Goal Counts:
|Biography, Autobiography, Memoir||2||1|
|Written by an author from another country||2|
|Short Story Anthologies||2|