Ever noticed that every so often I get serious about my grocery store habit? I’m once again trying to cut back. Also, I’m trying to get rid of all the extra ingredients I have around our house so I don’t have to move or trash them. I’ve decided to go ahead and cook all my dried beans and then freeze them. I use dried beans fairly often but sometimes run out of time so I grab the canned ones. However, freezing works well when I’m organized enough to do it. My slow cooker lets me cook them without paying too much attention to the process.
You’ll notice that both Brussels sprout and asparagus are still on the menu even though they’re high cost vegetables. That’s because they’re one of three vegetables Calvin consistently eats, the other being broccoli. He refuses to touch sweet potatoes though I keep trying. Yes, our child is weird.
- Sunday – Sicilian Lentil Soup
- Monday – Aloo Gobhi with Naan
- Tuesday – Garbanzo Pot Pie with Broccoli
- Wednesday – Southern Style Black Eyed Peas, Toasted Millet, and Brussels sprout
- Thursday – Leftovers
- Friday – Chick peas with a coconut sauce and asparagus
- Saturday – Spaghetti with Edamame and bread